Defensive Focus Carbine is designed to expose students to an efficient method of defending themselves with a semi-automatic rifle during a worst case scenario. All of the principles and fundamentals of theCombat Focus® Shooting program are applied to the carbine and the following topics are covered:
- Four Points of Contact with a rifle and Intuitive Shooting Fundamentals
- The Balance of Speed & Precision with a carbine
- Primary, Secondary and Tertiary Aiming Methods
- Combat Accuracy
- Volume of Fire
- Critical Incident Reloads & Efficient Carbine Handling
- Transitioning to a Pistol
- Counter Ambush Response with a Slung Rifle
- Shooting while Standing, Squatting, Kneeling & Seated
- Shooting around Cover & in Unorthodox Shooting Positions
- Fundamental Carbine Malfunction Clearing
This course is offered as both a 1 day and 2 day course.
Students will supply their own ammunition and should plan on
1 Day: 450 rounds of ammunition for this course-400 rifle and 50 pistol.
2 Day: 800 rounds of ammunition- 750 rounds of rifle and 50 rounds of pistol.
Students are welcome to bring extra ammunition, as there will be certain drills where round count can easily be increased.